Cook With Us: Mango Lassi Recipe
Okay, so this is definitely less cooking and more drink making. But if you just joined us last week trying your hand at making Japanese Okonomiyaki then you deserve something a little easier this week!
Lassi is a yoghurt based drink that originated in India. Usually you’ll find it’s a blend of yoghurt, water or milk, spices and fruit, but like all recipes it can vary depending on where you are and who is making it!
They can be made salty or sweet, but historically have accompanied meals in order to soothe mouths from the spices in the dishes and to aid digestion. The mango lassi is for sure one of the most popular variations, so today we’re bringing you our favourite recipe to try out this delicious drink.
- fresh ripe mangoes will give this the best taste, but canned and frozen will work too!
- If you’d like to make this vegan, swap out the yoghurt and milk for plant based alternatives. We’d recommend something like almond over coconut so it has less effect on the overall flavour!
MANGO LASSI RECIPE
- 1½ cups mango (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 cup plain yoghurt
- ½ cup of milk
- 4 tsp of sugar (can swap for honey or agave)
- Pinch of cardamom powder (optional)
- Pinch of saffron (optional garnish)
- Pistachios (optional garnish)
- Blend the mango, yoghurt, milk, sugar and cardamom until smooth
- Adjust the consistency to your taste by adding water or ice cubes
- Pour into glasses and leave in the fridge to serve cold! Garnish with saffron and pistachios if desired.
- Enjoy! We’ll see you in Delhi when the borders re-open 😉
Japan - 10 Day Tour
BEST TOUR IN THE WORLD
Japan, where old meets new. Learn a traditional martial art, spot Geishas in Kyoto, explore the bustling cities of Tokyo & Osaka, learn to roll sushi and sleep in a real temple.
Japan - 14 Day Tour
Sri Lanka - 12 Day Tour
BEST TOUR IN SRI LANKA
Explore Sri Lanka, an island nation where you’ll spot wild elephants and blue whales, hike to stunning viewpoints, cook with the locals, visit temples and sip on coconuts on the beach.
Philippines - 10 Day Tour
Explore incredible Palawan and the emerald waters that lap secluded white beaches. Snorkel with turtles, cook with the locals and island hop the most beautiful islands in the world.